In order to broker a deal (buy or sell side), are there:

1. Any certifications needed by any state or federal body (SEC for example) or
2. If the transaction involved interest in real estate (the sale or lease transfer), is a real estate license needed"

Wondering if the above is contingent on deal size too. If I'm working with someone who is using the term(s)/language "broker" but has none of the above, is that a red flag?

Thanks in advance for any insight/advice.