WHAT HYPOTHESES DO YOU HAVE ABOUT THE CURRENT ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT?
In my conversations with searchers and investors, I've discussed some interesting perspectives on how the economy (and possible outcomes of COVID 19) could affect the search environment. I would love to hear additional thoughts from this community.
In particular, what are your hypotheses on...
* Search funds launched (continue to grow in popularity in the near term?)
* Search fund investment (contract or expand?)
* Lower MM PE/M&A activity (increase or slow down?)
* Overall acquisition valuations/multiples (generally increase or decrease?)
* Other high impact trends (e.g., industries to watch, unique search strategies that will prove successful, characteristics of businesses that will command a 'COVID' premium or discount?)
Would love thoughts on any/all of the above. If interested, I'm also happy to share my synthesis based on the conversations I've had so far (feel free to DM). Thanks!