SEARCH FUNDS: WHAT ARE THEY AND WHY THEY MAY BE A GREAT OPTION FOR YOU
Thursday, October 14, 2021
10:00 AM 11:00 AM
Join ^[redacted] of Big Branch Capital as she discusses the details of a search fund (also known as ETA, entrepreneurship through acquisition) and why one may be a great career fit for you.
In a traditional search fund one or two people raise $300-$500K to fund their search for a business to acquire. The person(s) serves as CEO of the business for 5-10 years with their investors serving as board members. The individual earns a salary during the search and along with equity.
In this seminar, we will learn:
· What a search fund is
· How to form one
· What are the requirements
· Establishing a compelling investment proposition
· What is a typical financial model
· What risks you should consider and how to mitigate them
· Determining if it is a good fit for you
· How to target and find companies for acquisition
· Where to focus your time and energy