For the first time I'm considering acquiring the real estate where my target operates as part of a deal. Being new to real estate modelling, I was wondering about any useful tips and best practices you might be able to share? I'm modeling the following:
- Purchase price
- Mortgage payments (Principal & Interest)
- Building depreciation which would increase EBITDA of the business and reduce taxes (one of the pros I see)
- Appreciation of the building during the ownership period using historical trends (it is is prime urban location)
- Value of the building at exit
- Other costs like maintenance and insurance are already part of the business P&L
Am I missing something?
Modelling Real Estate acquisition as part of a deal
More on Searchfunder
We maintain partnerships with database providers that make searching more effective, efficient and affordable along with features that help searchers find deals and investors and vice versa.