Can anyone help point me in the right direction for self-funded deal structures people have used? I am working on a deal in which I will be personally guaranteeing the loan and intend to maintain a 60% - 80% of equity. This structure is a bit different than the traditional Private Equity structure that my investors are used to so I would like to see what other people have used. Right now, I am thinking amount having my investors bring 25% cash and the other 75% a loan that is guaranteed by me. If they sell in 5 years, due to the low equity proportion, the returns do not look great. Because of this, I was thinking of allowing them to recoup their investment from FCF before my 75% takes a FCF distribution. Is this common or is this giving away too much up front?
Looking for advice or materials on self-funded financial structures
by a searcher from Rice University - Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business
More on Searchfunder
We maintain partnerships with database providers that make searching more effective, efficient and affordable along with features that help searchers find deals and investors and vice versa.
Feel free to DM me if you'd like to discuss this in more detail.