Don’t waste your time on a deal that’s bound to die! Here are 7 scenarios that you should look out for:
1. The seller repeatedly presents a good alternative to selling
2. The seller still has not engaged a lawyer or CPA halfway through diligence
3. You spot a malicious integrity issue with the seller or company
4. The seller is already competing with the business you’re buying before the deal is done
5. The seller attempts to raise the price a second time during due diligence
6. You cannot see a path to proficiently running the business on day one after close
7. You see a cliff coming in that industry or in that company
DM me for a copy of my white paper that goes into more detail.
When have you spotted a deal was going south? What tipped you off?
Sign in to see all replies.
Create an account.