WHAT DID YOU DO 12-24 MONTHS IN ADVANCE OF LAUNCHING YOUR SEARCH FUND?
I'm still a year or two out from taking the plunge, and am curious to hear best practices as to what current and prospective searches have accomplished in this prep period.
My current plan:
- -continue networking with current searchers to learn more about their experience
- -build a database of intermediaries and deal partners
- -establish an investment thesis focus on a select number of industries for my initial focus
- -refine a deal model to ensure the economics align with my desired target size and funding dynamics
- -get the Southwest Companion pass (check!)
Any other key areas I'm missing?