SEARCH FUND INTERNSHIPS
[redacted] [redacted] [redacted] [redacted] [redacted] [redacted] [redacted] [redacted] [redacted]
Company Description: Southport Ventures is an acquisition fund focused on niche, profitable, B2B SaaS businesses. The partners deep experience in building great software gives them distinct advantages during due diligence and after an acquisition. As the fifth employee at Reverb.com, Nicholas helped lead the product organization and grow Reverb to billions in gross merchandise sales, tens of millions in revenue, and an eventual sale to Etsy. Trevor is an experienced software engineer, real estate investor. He has an MBA from London Business School and Columbia Business School via the joint, global program. Previously, he owned his own software development firm and managed full-stack teams in clean energy, insurance, finance, and media.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Entrepreneurial, curious, analytical, self-starter attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- An understanding of financial statements is a big plus
- Strong interest in SaaS business model is a big plus
- Source acquisition targets through searching in industry verticals, evaluating businesses based on our identified criteria, helping improve the sourcing process through creative ideas.
- Identify attractive, niche markets for sourcing SaaS businesses.
- Analyze Investment Memorandums prepared by brokers and summarize whether a deal is worth pursuing and why.
- Prepare due diligence questions and materials.
- Analyze acquisition targets’ markets, financials, business models, customer experiences, and competitors.
- Develop investment thesis, build leveraged buyout models, and calculate research-backed valuation recommendations.
- Proactively identify value-adding projects and initiatives.
Learn more about us at https://southportventures.com Email [redacted] with questions.