GAUGING INTEREST FOR A SEARCHER-FOCUSED OUTSOURCING COMPANY
I'm a former searcher who launched the first search fund in the Philippines and one of the first in Southeast Asia. I would like to know from the current crop of searchers whether there would be any interest in outsourcing the repetitive, menial tasks searchers often go through to low-cost countries such as the Philippines or India.
The tasks I imagine being outsourced are the following:
- finding businesses, owner names and contact information within the searchers' pre-defined parameters.
- Initial outreach
- Follow-up calls or emails
- Setting up conference calls with entrepreneurs/investors, site visits with entrepreneurs, organizing itineraries
- Data entry
- Accounting for searchers' expenses
- Generating periodic progress reports for investors
This is basically going to be a searcher-focused virtual assistant/staff augmentation company so that the searcher and their interns can focus on value-added activities. The team will be managed by myself, someone that has lived and breathed search for the best part of 2.5 years and is now working in Venture Capital.
Looking forward to hearing the community's thoughts.