EXPERIENCED INTERN: FALL/WINTER 2021 -- OPPTY TO WORK ON MULTIPLE LIVE DEALS
[redacted] [redacted] [redacted] [redacted]
Opportunity: Worklyn Partners, a holding company that invests in cybersecurity and IT services businesses, is hiring an Intern Head of Acquisitions to work part-time or full-time for the fall/winter of[redacted]The intern would help to lead live deal diligence, outreach, sourcing, and manage other interns. Worklyn is willing to explore options to make this a paid position. The ideal candidate possesses hustle, curiosity, and people skills, is interested in learning more about PE/search fund investing, and has 2+ years of experience in private equity, VC investing, or investment banking.
This is not a role for undergrads; we are looking for an experienced hire who has had exposure to and helped to manage PE or VC diligence and deal processes. We are looking for someone to help manage our diligence processes. This role might make sense for a current/incoming MBA or JD candidate, or someone who is in between jobs or preparing to launch their own search.
About Worklyn Partners: Worklyn Partners is a holding company focused on executing a buy-and-build strategy via $5-$40M enterprise value investments in cybersecurity and IT services businesses. Headquartered in New York, NY, the fund was founded by Johnny Lieberman (HBS MBA ‘20) and Zack Miller (Penn/Wharton JD/MBA candidate), high school buddies with a shared reverence for their fathers -- two self-employed octogenarian doctors in the Boston area who started from humble beginnings in Worcester, MA and Brooklyn, NY. We have one business under LOI, and a range of others that are close to exclusivity.
Why You Should Work With Us: • You’ll get upside: Depending on interest, availability, and experience, we may be able to provide a stipend for your time, plus a large success fee if you support the diligence process for the deal we ultimately invest in. We would also like to convert this position to a longer-term, paid full-time role if there is mutual interest. • You’ll learn a ton: if you’re thinking of launching a holding company, a search fund, or some other form of entrepreneurship through acquisition (EtA), this is the perfect opportunity to learn about the process and test out whether it’s what you want to do. You will get exposure to multiple live deals under LOI. You’ll be riding shotgun with us, co-managing diligence, helping with ongoing searching/sourcing, intern management,, financial modeling, and transaction negotiation. And even if you don’t want to do EtA, you’ll learn valuable skills for a career in banking, PE, Growth Equity or VC. • You’ll have fun: We take work seriously, but not ourselves. You will be treated more like a peer than an employee. We’re looking for someone to build with us.
Role and Responsibilities: The Head of Acquisitions will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Helping to lead diligence for existing companies under LOI
• Leading the creation of financial models and investment memos
• Joining/supporting calls with potential sellers • Leading initial diligence of new businesses • Helping to hire and manage all other interns • Managing/improving processes for automated/customized outreach to potential sellers • Managing and maintaining key CRM/sourcing databases like Hubspot
Ideal Candidate Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
• 2-6 years of experience in banking, PE, VC, Growth Equity preferred
• Experience evaluating company financials, investment opportunities
• Strong social skills, team-player, all-around athlete mentality
• Hustle and grit; independence, proactiveness
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite, strong written communication skills, etc. • Interest in private equity, search funds and/or cybersecurity/enterprise technology markets
Interested? Shoot your resume to [redacted]