1ST ANALYST HIRE FOR VACATION RENTAL INVESTMENT FUND?
Hey all -
Many of you know me from my focus on self-funded search investing and the webinar series I've been running this year re: "what to look for when acquiring a business in X industry." That's still my jam, and it's been so awesome seeing the search world grow and evolve! We've now done done 8 deals this year, and are still pacing to about 1 per month.
That said, I originally got interested in the search fund world through building/running a vacation rental investment fund + sister property management business = Blue Maple (www.staybluemaple.com). It started as a side project -- we currently own/manage 18 vacation rental cabins/cottages in the DC area -- but we're doubling-down on the model, raising Fund II, and hiring a team to help us scale.
That's where I'd love your help! We're looking for our first investment/operations analyst. See description below and here:
Ideal profile: 1-3 years post undergrad, top-tier school, consulting/banking experience, extremely detailed. Interest in real estate and startups/high-growth companies a huge plus.
Please shoot me a note at [redacted] if you're interested, or know someone who might be!
Investment & Operations Analyst, Blue Maple
Background Blue Maple is a vacation rental investment firm and modern property management company. We’re building a portfolio of unique, high-demand cabins and cottages in the vacation markets outside major US cities. Our first fund (launched in mid[redacted]exclusively focused on the DC area; we purchased and now manage 18 properties, and generated 28% annualized cash returns for our investors so far.
We’re raising our second fund this fall, with the goal of buying and managing 100 additional properties over the next 24 months -- from which we can grow even larger. We’re expanding our footprint beyond the Mid-Atlantic, and are poised for rapid growth.
Role and responsibilities We’re looking for an Investment & Operations Analyst to help drive this next phase of growth. You’ll straddle both the investment and operations sides of the business -- from assessing which properties we should purchase, to building systems to streamline how we onboard new properties. You’ll work closely with our CEO, COO, and small team of operations managers.
You’ll be responsible for:
Analyzing new investment markets to determine the specifics of how and where we should invest
- Monitoring and evaluating new prospective deals
- Writing up offers on target properties; if accepted, coordinating with the onboarding team to ensure a successful close & transition
- Owning the new property onboarding process: writing listing copy, syndicating on marketing channels, and creating internal documentation
- Transforming manual efforts our operations team are performing today into scalable systems/processes
- Building dashboards and KPIs to monitor operational success
- Coordinating with our accountant to ensure all taxes, compliance paperwork, and bills are paid/filed appropriately
- 1-3 years experience in an analyst or operations role
- High intellectual horsepower, very analytical
- Exceptional project management / organizational skills
- Track record of juggling lots of balls in a very detailed, fast-paced environment
- Very comfortable operating in a small team & designing/executing on initiatives with minimal oversight
- You love working with people -- and they love you!
In particular, we’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, intrigued by real estate, and excited to help build and scale a new, high-growth company.
If this sounds like you, I’d love to connect. Please reach out to [redacted] Thanks!